Getting a partial denture in Atlanta is a great and economical way to replace several missing teeth. In the beginning, and occasionally throughout the years of wearing this appliance, it may become a bit irritating. Usually, we can easily fix these issues by making adjustments to your partial.
Your partial may be painful because of the following reasons:
- 1. The Partial Is Too Tight
- When you first get a partial it may fit very snug. While this is a good thing that will prevent it from falling out, it can at times be so tight that it’s painful. If this is the case, you should let us know and we can make it more comfortable by loosening it for you.
- 2. The Partial Is Too Loose
- As you wear your partial and take it in and out, the clasps that wrap around your teeth can begin to loosen. Fixing this is easy. When you come in for an adjustment, we can use our special tools to tighten the clasps back up.
- 3. Changes in Your Gum Tissue Have Occurred
- When you get teeth removed, your gum tissue and jawbone in that area begin to deteriorate. At a certain point, the changes can be so dramatic that it affects the fit of your partial denture. To make your appliance feel snug again, we can add some new acrylic underneath the partial to mold to the new shape of your gums.
Where to Get Help
When it comes to wearing a partial, it’s important to have a knowledgeable team by your side. The professional staff of Georgia Denture & Implant Specialists is glad to see you for all your partial denture needs. We currently serve the residents of Woodstock, Atlanta, and Gwinnett, Georgia. Call us today for an appointment!
Posted on behalf of