Many people are interested in permanently replacing missing teeth, but the dental implant surgical procedure scares them to where they simply choose to live with gaps in their smile. At Georgia Dental & Implant Specialists, we want you to understand the procedures, time commitment, and benefits of dental implants so that you know whether dental implants are right for you.
What to Know About Dental Implants:
- Dental implants are titanium screws that are surgically installed into the jaw bone. The implant screws are the new “roots” for the crowns or to secure dentures inside the mouth.
- The dental implant procedure is typically a two-step process. (In patients who need to have teeth removed beforehand, this removal and healing time will add an additional step to the process.) The two steps are:
- Georgia Denture & Implant Specialists will refer you to an oral surgeon or periodontist for implant installation.
- Once the mouth is completely healed, Dr. Berne or Dr. Anderson will fabricate the implant crown, bridge, or denture to attach to the screw.
- Almost anyone who is healthy enough to have routine tooth extractions is also healthy enough for the dental implant procedure. Dr. Berne and/or Dr. Anderson will meet with you to decide whether dental implants are a good treatment option for you. Gum health and the amount of jaw bone will ultimately affect your eligibility.
- The cost of dental implants will vary from patient to patient. Numerous factors affect the final cost of the procedure: how many teeth are being replaced, the health of the jaw bone, tooth removal prior to implants, the length the process will take. Georgia Denture & Implant Specialists will review all options for procedures and cost with you before starting any treatment.
- Dental Implants are a permanent solution. With proper care and routine checkups, dental implants can last a lifetime. No other tooth replacement option offers this durability and permanence.
- Georgia Denture & Implant Specialists is the practice to trust for your dental implants. Both of our doctors have completed advanced degrees in prosthodontics, and our on-site lab is staffed with technicians with over 43 years of experience in creating beautiful, durable, and natural-looking implant prosthesis.
Contact us today as your reputable source for bringing your smile back to life.
Posted on behalf of