The prosthetic dental appliance you received from our Atlanta denture specialists is intended to last you for many years. As time goes by, you may begin to consider getting a new set. Here are some reasons that you can use as signs to help you determine when that time is right.
- Teeth Are Worn
- Biting down and chewing can cause wear on prosthetic teeth. While they can sometimes be replaced with new ones, it may be best for you to just get a new denture.
- Teeth Are Stained
- Despite your best efforts to clean your denture well, years of use can cause persistent discoloration.
- Teeth Keep Falling Out
- From time to time you may have a tooth that falls off of your “plate.” Our Woodstock denture specialists can replace these teeth for you, but if it’s a frequent issue it may be in your best interest to get a new appliance.
- Denture Is Cracked
- When the base of a denture cracks, it can be difficult to repair. Smooth cracks are more predictable then jagged ones. Our team will advise you if they feel you’d be better off getting a new set of teeth.
- Denture Is Loose
- When you don’t have natural teeth, your gum tissue shrinks at a gradual pace. After having your dentures for several years, you may notice that it’s very loose. We can reline the inside of the appliance to make a tighter fit, or you may just opt for a new prosthetic.
Where to Get Dentures in Atlanta
For state-of-the-art dentures, an expert staff, and exceptional care, visit Georgia Denture & Implant Specialists of Woodstock and Atlanta. We look forward to meeting you and working with you to create your new smile!
Posted on behalf of