Dentures aren’t something that many people look forward to. But there may come a time in your life that your natural teeth just don’t cut it anymore, and you need to look into an alternative method. Knowing the signs to look for will help you decide the right time for you to get a denture.
- Bad Teeth
- During a thorough exam with the experts at Georgia Denture & Implant Specialists, if it’s been determined that you have multiple broken and badly decayed teeth, it may be in your best interest to consider removing them and get a prosthetic appliance made.
- Toothaches usually result due to the nerve of a tooth being infected. When this is the case, the only treatment options are performing root canal therapy or extractions. If you’re having frequent toothaches, it may be better for you to get your teeth removed and replaced with a denture.
- Loose Teeth/Gum Disease
- If you were to peel your gums back to see underneath them, you would observe dense jaw bone that holds the roots of your teeth. When someone develops gum disease the infection it brings with it eats away at the bone structure. This leaves the roots unstable, with little support. Meaning the teeth will be loose, and in severe cases of periodontal disease, they may even fall out on their own.
- Since it’s not possible to regrow bone, you may need to consider getting dentures.
- Several Missing Teeth
- For someone that’s already several missing teeth, replacing them with a denture or even a partial denture could be more cost effective than other methods.
The team of Georgia Denture & Implant Specialists in Woodstock and Atlanta is here to help you decide what treatment option is best for you. If you think it’s time to consider dentures, then give us a call today.
Posted on behalf of