Before you start panicking, just know that dental implant failure is a rare occurrence. Dental implants are ranked as one of the most predictably successful dental procedures in Atlanta.
If you have a dental implant or are planning to get one, there’s no need to be excessively worried about it since failure is both uncommon and easy to prevent.
But it’s good to know the signs of failure so that you can seek implant treatment in Woodstock right away.
- You have red and swollen gums around your implant.
- Gum tissue swells in response to infection or irritation. If your implant is failing, the gums will show that.
- There’s pus and/or blood around your implant.
- A healthy dental implant should never bleed. Pus and blood could mean that your implant is failing.
- Your implant is suddenly painful.
- Some discomfort immediately after dental implant surgery is normal. But this should lessen as you heal. Pain can otherwise signal infection or inflammation around your implant.
- Your implant can move.
- A healthy dental implant is supposed to be fused with the bone in your jaw. Movement indicates that the implant has separated from the socket and is a sure sign that something is wrong.
- You can prevent dental implant failure by:
- Seeking dental implant treatment and care from a skilled implant specialist in Georgia
- Preparing well for your dental implant surgery and following post-surgery instructions for successful healing
- Gently brushing and flossing around your implant every day
Is an implant the right tooth replacement solution for you? How can you make your implant last for many years to come? Get the answers you need by calling the Georgia Denture & Implant Specialists.
Posted on behalf of