At our denture clinic, there are several steps involved in the denture making process that helps ensure the final product is natural, both in its appearance and functionality. The following is a step-by-step explanation of what you can expect when getting your appliance made.
- Step 1: Initial Impression
- First, we’ll take a mold of your mouth using a tray that’s filled with impression material. This impression is used to make a custom tray that is the specific shape of your mouth.
- Step 2: Final Impression
- Once the custom tray is made, we’ll fill it with a more precise impression material that’ll flow into all the nooks and crannies, providing us with an exact replica of your mouth.
- Step 3: Wax Rim and Bite
- To ensure that the teeth which will go on the denture are set in place correctly, our specialists will register your natural bite by placing a small block of wax in your mouth. At this appointment we’ll also decide the size, shape, and shade of the teeth that will go on the final product.
- Step 4: Try-In
- A try-in will allow you to see what the teeth that were chosen will look like, and how the bite will feel. If there’s anything you don’t like about what you see, then you should let us know at this point because it can still be easily changed. We can do more than one try-in if necessary.
- Step 5: Delivery
- When your new appliance is complete, you’ll return for your delivery appointment in which we’ll place the denture in your mouth and make any necessary adjustments to it before letting you wear it out.
Where to Get A Denture in Atlanta
It’s important that when getting a denture made you don’t skip through any of these steps. Georgia Denture & Implant Specialists of Atlanta never cuts corners. To get a denture that’s made the right way, visit us today.
Posted on behalf of